Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Teaching Elderly Parents how to Face Time




I’m so excited about my victory today in this regard!  Remember my post about staying connected with elderly parents (March 22 2020)? I was lamenting the fact that not only could I no longer physically see my parents but they were unable to use Face time methods as they don't understand or remember how to use modern devices.  Well I managed successfully today to have a face time conversation with my 81 year old mother. Who, by the way, has never been to school.

not my mother, but a similar reaction by same aged lady

I also posted her a letter which I still want to continue doing. Its another way to let her know that she's in my thoughts.

Face time apps and methods



I admit it, I'm a techno- phobe, a ludite even. I was the last of my friends to join Face Book. But never have I been more motivated to learn how to use technology to keep me connected to others than right now amidst this pandemic.

There exists a  plethora of different face time apps and options.   I’m sure they all have their relative merits and disadvantages (a good idea for another post!)  but for the average user who simply wants to stay connected to friends and family, it doesn't really matter, as long as we just get startedJust do it and do it often
That's my next challenge - doing more of this. With friends, with parents, with siblings.





No comments:

Post a Comment